Absolutely love this demo and was super happy to see it has support for non vr players, too often it is just one or the other. But blazing fast gameplay, an interesting esthetic, a super smooth feel, it doesn't get much better than this!
A downloadable game for Windows
Blast your hovercycle through the enemy's crushing forces under a bright blue sky!
Drawing inspiration from saturated, hectic, and skill-based arcade games new and old, including games like
Burning Force, Border Down, and DARIUSBURST, Horizon Vanguard is a VR action game that aims to combine the speed, focus, and density of arcade shooting games with the immersion and input capabilities of modern VR technology. Use your hovercycle to dodge enemy fire and attack armored ground targets while taking aim with your pistol to destabilize and destroy aerial foes! Use your radar to get your bearings when overwhelmed!
- Support for the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift (both with and without Touch)
- An arcade game structure: short, dense, and challenging
- 15 branching stages, each with a unique boss, access to which is dependent the player's ability to find hidden intel
- Comfortable movement in VR while maintaining a blistering sense of speed
- A catchy, melodic soundtrack by Ken Snyder (aka coda)
Check out the demo and leave your feedback below!
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.